Monday, December 07, 2009

Chinatown

While in Melbourne, we visited Chinatown. This seemed to occupy the entirety of one long and narrow street. As you can see from the picture, it is an exciting place, lined with Chinese restaurants.
Chinatown
We had two meals in Chinatown during our stay. The common factors seemed to be:
  1. Awesome fried dumplings

  2. Portion sizes that were far too large for the two of us. Check out our first meal:
For the second meal, we decided that, if we wanted to stand a chance of finishing the meal, we'd better not order so many dumplings. I ordered something called "fish with chillies" for my main course. This turned out to be a portion large enough for a whole family.
Apparently, not many people order that particular dish. I managed to eat a tiny fraction of it and very tasty it was too but Hannah was unable to help me out and thus I wouldn't recommend ordering it just for yourself.

No comments: