Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Brekkie

When we went for breakfast yesterday, I was expecting it to be like British or American food: you know, unhealthy, drenched in fat, fried. That sort of thing. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Aussies seem to be seriously into healthy eating. I had avocado and mushroom on toast. It was both good tasting and good for you. Meanwhile, Hannah had beans on toast. I must confess to scoffing, under my breath, at her having gone for a can of Heinz beans on toast. Not so: the beans were actually fresh. Nice.

Later on, we went for coffee. It turns out that Aussies are also great at making coffee. My coffee not only tasted great but was also beautifully presented. It didn't really help us to get over our jetlag, though.

Oh yeah, we also explored Melbourne a bit. Which was nice.

1 comment:

wobblepop said...

'scoffed'? I didn't know you'd scoffed at my choice. How rude!