Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bon Voyage

I departed from Blighty on Friday, Kieran very kindly giving me a lift to the airport. The flight was largely uneventful, despite a few slight tribulations en route. The first was an overweight neighbour on the plane who spoke no English and who kept invading my space (and that of her neighbour on the other side). The second was a drunk Englishman who dropped his rubbish all over the aisle and rocked about so violently that the guy in the seat behind asked if he could move seats to get away from him. The third was a confusing experience in the transit lounge at Hong Kong airport. This involved us getting off the plane, in order for it to be refuelled and cleaned, and then being set loose in the airport without specific instructions on what to do next. It eventually transpired that we had to go through security (twice) and then re-board the plane. I'm sure that the contents of my bag enjoyed being taken off the plane, x-rayed repeatedly and then taken back on to the plane.

The flight over with, I arrived in Melbourne to meet Hannah who had made a "Chris" sign for me, in case I wasn't sure who I was meeting. For me, the Australian part of our travels was about to begin.

No comments: