Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blog Me Do!

So what's this all about, then? Why am I bothering to write this silly blog thing? It has always struck me that a blog would be the perfect medium to wax lyrical about any tedious ideas that crossed my head. Having done that, I would then be completely ignored by everyone in the world and it wouldn't matter too much because that would my blog just like 99.9% of all other blogs out there. Hoo-ray!

Of course, there are a few people who are able to string a few interesting sentences together in a way that makes me want to read them. There's Mr Biffo's amusing musings. There's the intelligent philosophical musings of Paul Graham's essays. I'm pretty sure that a few other people in the world are similarly endowed with a mastery of prose and have interesting things to say but I can't be bothered to find them. It doesn't matter. This blog isn't going to be like that. I have a poor command of the English language and little of interest to talk about. Never mind.

So the purpose of these scribblings is as follows: I intend to write rubbish here for a while and see if I get better at doing it. Hopefully I will one day become slightly less inept at churning out rambling prose like this and will feel somehow satisfied by that fact. We'll see.

No comments: